Thank you for your interest in the UMass Drumline. We have a lot to do to get ready for our upcoming season, but nothing more important than finding dedicated and talented members. The UMass Drumline has a long and rich history of excellence and we hope that you can be part of it!
Your acceptance into the drumline will be determined on a variety of factors including: your ability to meet the time commitment, acceptable academic standing, attitude, and your proficiency level on your chosen instrument.
How to Audition — Videos are due by July 7, 2018
All percussion candidates must submit an audition video.
- Upload your video via YouTube
- Audition videos are due by July 7th, 2017
- Perform ALL required material for your preferred section
- All materials MUST be memorized
- You MUST play with a metronome clearly audible in your video
Please send us an email with the following information:
- Full name
- Current address
- Phone number
- Email address
- YouTube audition video link/URL
- Preferred section (snare, tenors, bass, cymbals, front ensemble)
- 14 Duple Check Patterns (mm=84)
- 6 Triplet Check Patterns (mm=100)
- Full-Down-Tap-Up (mm=104)
- Plus all Pregame music
Note for cymbal players:
All cymbal candidates must play Duple Check Patterns, Triplet Check Pattern, and Full-Down-Tap-Up, with sticks on a drum pad.
Pregame music should be played with cymbals if possible. If this is not possible, please play the cymbal parts with sticks on a drum pad.
Submit a sampling of material that demonstrates your abilities in different musical styles. Use of articulations and dynamics is important. Comping and soloing are encouraged.